Friday, March 21, 2008

Networking in LA

Extract from a real live conversation today.

MARTY THOMAS:
Have you had many networks shooting in your tunnel before?

ME:
Oh yeah, we've had FOX News, ABC, NBC, Nickelodeon and many Spanish networks filming the tube.

MARTY:
You know what would be totally awesome? Making a music video here. We can get a pop star flying and have him playback his lyrics. We'd put up a big crane and have it pan from one side to the other while he's in there rockin'.

ME:
Sure, we could do that. Another way to go is using the green screen, though. We have a film crew shooting with us next week and they're gonna wrap up the tunnel and get a professional sky diver to shoot footage.

MARTY:
Oh yeah, that would work, too ! You know what, here's my card.

MARTY THOMAS, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER / DIRECTOR - RIDICULOUS PICTURES,
MTV / BET / VH1 / AWARD WINNING FEATURE FILMS

*oink*


MARTY:
So who should I call to set up a flight time for us.

ME:
Hold on, let me go get my card.

DENNIS DE VOS, ASSISTANT MANAGER,
IFLY HOLLYWOOD.

*grin*


ME:
Say, you don't happen to be lookin' for interns or extras, are you? 'Cause even if it means getting coffee for someone all day, I'd love to be part of your crew.

MARTY:
Oh yeah, we're always looking for help. Shoot me an email and we'll see if we can hook you up.

ME:
That would be awesome, man, thanks a lot.

MARTY:
No worries, talk to you latah.

*twitch*

6 comments:

Lore said...

I SAY "WIIIIIIII!" TO THAT!
you sneaky son of a !

Ellen said...

nice!!! ^_^

Mama Tartine said...

Hey,
Not just only nice! Leuke ontmoeting en not just only leuk!
I hoop dat er een mooi vervolg komt aan deze zo pittig geschreven conversatie. Good luck hey.
Happy easteregg too. Kijk je ook uit naar het paasmailtje? Ik begin er morgen aan!
Knuffel,
Mama Tartine.

Tozansha said...

LOL, get a foot in the right door and you'll be dining with the stars in no time!

Love the opportunities flying your way!

xxx

Anonymous said...

Go Dennis, go Dennis!

Cheerleading Isa

Anonymous said...

Give me a D, give me an E, give me an N, give me an N, give me an I, give me an S!!! DENNIS!!!!
whie, cool man! Dennis rocks! hihi!!!
kben al benieuwd naart vervolg!!!
xxx
Wendy