Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I love working/living in LA when..

..almost everybody I meet is either an aspiring actor or actress or has a script or an idea for a movie in their head.

..I have people calling in to make reservations for a TV show, or a network like Nikelodeon, or the concierge (read "consjaire") from the Beverly Hills hotel wants to fly famous guests.

..I go to the Universal parking lot at night and overlook the twinkling lights of the Valley and it's just like in the movies.

..I get to take the Universal Studio tour for free again because it's too early to start work and I see a production crew filming a new episode of Desperate Housewives while we're driving down Wisteria Lane.

..on my way to work I get to peek into a closed set of the new hit Blockbuster 'Land of the Lost' being released this year.

..I'm tired of the city I only have to drive about 15 miles to dream away at the beach.

..my roommate is scheduled for a show impersonating Marilyn Monroe right after she performs her singer-songwriter gig at the House of Blues.

..I drive through palm tree lined streets, passing sixties diners while listening to Coast.FM's smooth tunes, feeling the evening breeze on my skin...

I never wanna leave this town.

6 comments:

Tozansha said...

haha, that is your city baby!
Wanneer mogen/kunnen we jou regisseurs talenten bekijken? Of de eerste film geschreven door Dennis P. L. De Vos of gaat ge ne funky artistennaam aannemen?

Dikke knuffel!
Aki
xxx

Ellen said...

Dennis P.L LE FOX? *evil grin*

(sorry voor korte comment, tis hier pokkedruk,,)

Dennis said...

Hehe, awel, Shamira had een idee voor een film dat ze aan het uitschrijven was en dat idee trok nogal sterk op dat droomidee dat ik had voor een film en nu gaan we samen iets proberen uit te werken. Zelf is ze actrice en haar vriend heeft al het nodige film materiaal en Final cut Pro op de pc. Lijkt me wel fun om me mee bezig te houden. En wie weet, mss dan een groot succes aan de box office ? (I doubt it :-P)

Lore said...

AAAAH DARN YOU! Desperate housewives for crying out loud! Hoe cool is je leven!

Kirsten said...

sounds like fun for you.

bob said...

Als ge toevallig nog wat figuranten zoekt,........just let me know!