Tuesday, January 29, 2008

So..

here's how the job turned out: I started out yesterday up in Agoura Hills because they said they would hire me as a rental agent for 22k a year while in fact I applied for the assistant position paying me 35k a year.

I thought: if this works out and the commute isn't too bad, I'll stick with it. If it doesn't, I can always look for something else.

And it didn't. First day on the job and they introduce me as the boss's left hand. The rental agents were supposed to show me how everything works but "no need to teach me how to do bookings". So after clearing everything up, they had decided to put me in the assistant position anyways but with a much lesser pay with the excuse of 'to see what your worth.'

Sure, I am willing to start at the bottom and work my way up. But I'm not going to do exactly the same work for 22K a year and in addition having to commute for up to 4 hours every day ! This is not what I signed up for !

Other than that, the employees weren't treated with respect, plastic bags were hanging from the ceiling to prevent leaking into the computers and well, overall it wasn't that great after all.

So I decided to quit and start checking tour operators out instead. I went to a local tourist office, applied for a job there, took some magazines and brochures and applied with all of the major tour agencies in LA.

I've also applied with Universal Studio's.

As of today I'm a free man again.

Meanwhile, I took some miscellaneous pictures:



I'm planning to go and watch the sunset every night. It is sooo beautiful !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey!

da zou wel tof zijn e...da je dan touristen kan rondleiden, das toch altijd al iets da je graag wou doen he? En ge kunt het ook super goe!
btw: kben den trend al aant verder zetten e! Kben liedjes aant doorsturen naar Inneke. Ik ben benieuwd wa ze er van gaat vinden...

Nog veel succes ginder!!
dadaa!
xxx
Wendy