Saturday, May 3, 2008

Along the coast - Santa Barbara & Malibu - Day 5

Today has been the day that I needed a "time out". We drove for two hours to Santa Barbara, I dropped Mom and Ton off at historic downtown Santa Barbara and headed straight for the deep green grass along the pier. I folded out my beach towel and leaned against one of the palm trees, enjoying the cool breeze coming from the ocean. A moment that lasted forever.

You can read all about Santa Barbara in this previous blog.

After SB, we headed for the beaches of Malibu. The drive down there is amazing. Red and brown cliffs loom over the PCH that winds along the coast line. Big waves break and leave stretches of foam on the water. Surfers trying to catch the biggest waves..

We relaxed on Zuma beach for about an hour, returned to El Segundo for a quick bite and went to sleep. It seems like all I do is relax and sleep, isn't it.

A few more days and our journey continues. I'm really looking forward to start driving through those beautiful national parks.

I know, this is a pretty lame report of my day, but at least you get to see some pictures:

2 comments:

Tozansha said...

hey no time for whining! Relax and enjoy! LOL
Ik kijk uit naar de verslagen van Grand Canyon enzo! Graakt ge tot bij Kirsten?
Groetekes!!

Anonymous said...

waaa! kunt ge nie zo twee palmbomen meebrengen naar hier voor in den hof? dan kan ik er een hangmat tussen hangen. Dan voel ik mij toch een klein beetje in Amerika! hihi!

xxx
Wendy